This course builds on the experiences of Engineering and Design I. Students will develop their problem solving skills by completing an array of challenging tasks. Manufacturing technology, woodworking technology, electronics, transportation technology, and other topics relevant to engineering, design, and manufacturing will be covered. Engineering and technical careers will be discussed.
Materials for the introductory project, the trebuchet project, and the electronics project will be provided at no cost to the students.
There are two expenses for which Engineering & Design II students are responsible, as indicated in the Course Catalog:
1. A lab fee -- to cover expendable items such as glue, sandpaper, and finishes: $5.00
2. The cost of independent project materials, including lumber, hardware, and project-specific expenses:
* This cost can vary, depending on the independent project and the type of material chosen. It is possible to spend as little as $15 on these items, although most students choose to spend more.
* The average price of materials selected for independent projects is about $45.
* The independent project is usually started in January.