This course is important because of the creation of advanced Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) applications. Because of the structure of 56418 , 56426, 56508 and 56706 , students may not get the opportunity to develop highly detailed projects of their exact interest and detail. 56606 is designed to allow the students to integrate all their drafting and design knowledge into a large scale project of their choosing and develop multimedia portfolios to display the work. It is recommended that students choose a project that can include components from all programs in use in the lab.
It is required that students have completed at least 2 other design courses (56418 , 56426, 56508 and 56706) before enrolling in this class.
Our involvement and participation in course 56606 will provide us with the following experiences:
* Exposure to detailed portfolio creation for short-term and year-long projects.
* Develop planning skills for long-term projects.
* Review and enhancement of 2D AutoCAD drawing skills.
* Review and enhancement of 3D SolidWorks drawing skills.
* Review and enhancement of architectural drawing skills using SoftPlan.
* Develop renderings, animations and game logic from 2D and 3D models.
* Create large projects from multiple CADD resources and research.
Students will be graded on equal parts of tests/quizzes, projects and computer applications. Because most of our work must be accomplished in the classroom, daily attendance and participation is extremely important. Daily participation grades will count for 25% of the marking period grade.
Advanced CADD (56606)
Course Outline (students and parents should visit the class Moodle for specific details)
1. Course introduction 2. Discuss project possibilities 3. Portfolio process -Title page -Design brief and specifications -Research and investigation questions -Possible and chosen solutions -Models -Conclusions
4. Two-dimensional AutoCAD project and portfolio -Review of basic commands and operations -2D part of year long project development -2D CNC project development -Create portfolios related to project
5. Three-dimensional SolidWorks project and portfolio -Review of basic commands and operations -3D part of year long project development -3D CNC project development -Create portfolios related to project
6. SoftPlan architectural design project and portfolio -Review of basic commands and operations -Develop structures for year long project development -Create portfolios related to project
7. Blender project and portfolio -Review of animation and rendering basics -Develop production logos for year long project -Create portfolios related to project
8. Continuation of long term project and planning 9. Create portfolios of project progress
10. Continuation of long term project and planning 11. Development of project presentation -Use of Blender to create video portion of portfolios -Develop physical models of projects -Compile written data for final project portfolio 12. Project presentations