Health and Physical Education
SWATARA MIDDLE SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
PHYSICAL EDUCATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All students must dress for P.E. They are not allowed to wear their school clothing for class. Dress code mandates: Required district PE uniform , socks (white), sneakers (tied). Outside classes same as above, with addition to sweats being recommended during cooler weather. Long hair should be held back out of the way for better participation.
2. Absolutely no jewelry of any kind may be worn during class. Students that do not comply with this policy will not be allowed to participate in class and receive an “O” for the day (no exceptions). This is a safety issue due to the liability. We appreciate your help in explaining this to your child.
3. No chewing gum. This is a safety issue.
4. A combination lock is recommended and lockers are assigned. The student is to use these during the class. Students are responsible for locking their belongings in their locker. All students are encouraged to take their P.E. clothing home, not to keep it in their locker. If they choose to, the possibility of having something stolen is ever present. In the event that the student has no clothing for class we cannot know whether the things were actually stolen, misplaced, or at home. As a result the student receives an “O” for the class period.
5. Grading for Physical Education
See Physical Education Grading Rubric
6. Medical Excuse from Physical Education:
A. A parent note will be accepted for two consecutive periods for the same “situation”- after that a Dr. note is required. The note should be taken to the nurse before homeroom.
C. If a student is excused by the parents- we have the student, if capable, perform some type of adaptive activity (walking, officiating, scorekeeping).
7. It is the students’ responsibility to:
A. Exhibit proper behavior in the locker room and in the classroom setting
B. Dress properly for class.
C. Participate to the best of their ability.
D. Respect their peers and the staff.
E. Co-operate with their peers and the staff.
F. Adhere to the class rules.
8. Grades are based on:
A. Preparedness for class.
D. Written Quizzes
E. Skills Tests
Please sign and return the lower portion of this form, it is your child’s homework and must be brought back signed for their next class. Keep the top of the form for future reference.
Students Name ______________________________________ Grade ______ Period _______ Days __________
**Violation of the following physical education policies will also result in the deduction of participation points.
-Tardy to squad line -Disrespect of physical education equipment
-Wearing jewelry -Inappropriate behavior in squad/gym
-Having food, drink, candy and/or chewing gum