Creative WritingWELCOME!This course is designed to provide for practice in the process of writing various forms of fiction and non-fiction. Emphasis is placed on practicing the techniques necessary to write and critique pieces of written literature. Each student will become a critical reader, writer, and editor of his or her own work, as demonstrated in the final portfolio.Objectives:
Assessment:Student writing will be assessed using the following standards:
- To understand and practice the writing process daily.
- To demonstrate proper usage of literary elements and devices.
- To submit a final portfolio which exhibits the skills acquired.
- To learn and examine avenues of publication for writing.
- To critique, revise, and edit the works of others and individual work.
- To contribute openly in classroom discussions.
- Organization and clarity of thought
- Depth of thinking and observation
- Satisfaction of project requirements
- Writing mechanics and grammar
- Fidelity of work (absence of plagiarized material)
- Evidence of creative thought
- Effective cooperative group work (when applicable)
Course Details:Basic assignments, not limited to the following--
- Come to class prepared and ready to write, discuss, and participate
- Late work will be acceptable ONLY in the case of excused absence- Assignments are due on the due date!
- All pre-writing and drafting activities are mandatory- A final draft that magically appears will not be accepted for credit.
- Bring all required items to class when necessary
- Short Stories
- One-Act Plays
- Fairy Tale
- Personal Writing Journal
- Review Writing
- Analysis, Description, Definition
- Final Portfolio
1. L A I Y M F ___________________________________
2. C U K A E T F R I ___________________________________
3. N A L E S D C ___________________________________
4. T O E I S T L E M ___________________________________
5. N E A C C A Y D N ___________________________________
6. N R T E W I ___________________________________
7. G N G O E G ___________________________________
8. L I B R Z A D Z ___________________________________
9. R E S N T S E P ___________________________________
10. H T L I S G ___________________________________
11. B D E R A N G I R E G ___________________________________