CENTRAL DAUPHIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
Dances are held FRIDAY evenings beginning at 7:00 and ending at 9:00
Dances are for current CDMS students ONLY!
- Students are to be dropped off no earlier than 6:45
- Students are to be picked up PROMPTLY at 9:00 – no student will be permitted to walk home or to any other location.
- Students not picked up by 9:30 will not be allowed to attend the next dance.
- We expect your ride to be a parent/guardian, relative, or another adult that your parents have contacted.
- Students/parents are to make arrangement for rides home and after the dance PRIOR to the dance.
- Students arriving to the dance after 7:30 must be brought in by an adult.
- Students leaving the dance early need to be signed out by a parent/guardian (name & time) at the door.
- Once a student leaves the dance, he/she will NOT be allowed to reenter.
- CDMS is NOT responsible for students’ safety after dance ends.
- Attending school dances/socials is a PRIVILEGE not a right. Students who do not conform to school dance/social policies and procedures will lose the privilege to attend CDMS dances/socials for a period of time, or the remainder of the school year.
- Students must be in school for at least ½ day the date of the dance/social (Approved educational trips and religious observances are exceptions).
- Students serving ISS or OSS the day of a scheduled dance may NOT attend.
BEHAVIOR DURING THE DANCE
- School dress code is in effect during school dances.
- Students causing disruptions at the dance will be removed immediately and may not be permitted to attend future dances for the remainder of the school year.
- Lavatories are NOT areas in which to congregate and socialize. Do not loiter in these areas.
- Students may NOT display public affection or dance provocatively during the dance.
- The guidelines for use of electronic devices in the Student Code of Conduct are followed. .
REFRESHMENTS & PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- During the dance, refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Students are responsible for ALL personal belongings.
- Do not leave belongings in hallway or lavatories
- It is not necessary to bring large sums of money to dances
- CDMS is NOT responsible for stolen or lost belongings