The CDSD utilizes School Messenger as a mass notification system that is able to send out thousands of messages within minutes via email, text messages and phone calls to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site. Contact Manager allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up or signing into your account:
- https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com/index.php?u=cdschools and click the “Sign Up Now” link.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from email@example.com which contains a link to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the “Click here to begin” button. Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click “Next.” Add your child’s student ID.
- Simply follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers associated with your child’s student record.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the “edit” link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click “Save” when you are done making changes.
- If any of the contact information is incorrect for your child, please contact the school to make any necessary changes.
Last Modified on March 16, 2012