Hello Parents!Some of you asked me about the John Hopkins CTY (Center for Talented Youth) program at Back to School night. I have received some information that I would like to share with you:
All of this information and more can be found by visiting the CTY website at ( cty.jhu.edu/talent ). I also have some brochures in the classroom. If you would like one please let me know and I will send it home with your child.
- Eligibility: Students who scored at or above the 95th percentile on national tests, achieve at top levels on state tests, or otherwise demonstrate superior academic performance. (PSSAs, Keystones and other qualifying measures, contact guidance for test scores and results)
- Fees: There is a $41 application fee and other fees ranging from around $39 - $75 depending on which tests you and your child decide to take. There is financial aid available to those who may qualify.
- Courses and Programs: There are summer ( a little late for that now, or early, depending on how you look at it ) programs and online courses available covering topics from programming, math and science to reading, language arts and foreign languages. These are available to qualifying students at additional costs.
- Testing Dates: SAT dates start this fall on Oct 3 and occur once monthly until Jan. ACT dates start Oct 24 and occur once bi-monthly through April. SCAT or STB testing runs by appointment throughout the year.
- Registering: If you choose to sign up, the school code needed is: 1711225
Last Modified on September 11, 2015