In accordance with district policy, a child must be five (5) years of age before September 1 to be eligible to enter kindergarten in the upcoming school year. Admission to kindergarten will be limited to the first two weeks of school. Only the natural parent/legal guardian may enroll a child. The registration process will last approximately thirty (30) minutes.
All required documentation listed below must be presented at the time of your appointment or the registration process will end immediately.
The Pennsylvania School Code Title 22, Chapter 11 section 11.11 states:
“The school district or charter school has no obligation to enroll a child until the parent, guardian or other person having control or charge of the student making the application has supplied proof of the child’s age, residence, and immunizations as required by law.”
You MUST bring the below items with you to register your child
1. Original state issued birth certificate of child with at least one parent name on it.
2. Proof of Residency in Central Dauphin School District: lease/purchase of the home, current apartment lease or apartment lease with current utility bill, or recent property tax bill. If residing with a property owner, both parent and property owner must sign district supplied notarized “multiple occupancy forms.”
3. Record of Immunizations: (shots received to date) Shot records are available from your child’s doctors office.
4. Proof of Guardianship: Legal custody agreement, if applicable, to be placed in the student’s record.
5. Parent/guardian Photo Identification: A current driver’s license or non-drivers identification, as additional forms need to be notarized at the time of the appointment.
If you do not have the above required documentation, have questions regarding the registration process or cannot attend the scheduled registration time, contact the Central Registration Office at the Administration Building at 600 Rutherford Road, Harrisburg, PA. The Central Registration Office is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.