Tips for Your College VisitBefore you visit:
During your visit:
- Review the college website - especially the sections on admissions, tuition, scholarships, and programs of study.
- Review your high school transcript and test scores.
- Register for a scheduled college open house on the college website.
- Arrange to sit in during a class in your potential major if possible.
After your visit:
- Be prompt. Write down the names of important people that you meet.
- Visit for at least two hours to get a feel for the campus atmosphere. Speak to students and ask what they like and dislike about the school.
- Discuss financial matters with the financial aid officer and inquire about your prospects for admission with the admissions officer.
- Ask questions, but do not ask for information that can be found online.
- Make notes on your reactions to the college while it is still fresh in your mind.
- Send a thank-you note or e-mail to the admissions counselor.