Pre Calc A
Course Syllabus 2018-2019
Description: The student will explore the concepts of Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry and how it is used in the world around them. Topics covered will include, but not limited to, Solve and Graph nonLinear Equations and Inequalities, Solve and Graph Polynomials, Sequences and Series, Rational Expressions and Equations, Analyze and Graph Conic Sections, Evaluate Probability and Statistics.
Grading System: Grade distribution will be as follows
25% Homework & Class Participation
25% Quizzes & Projects
50% Unit Exams
- Each student will be expected to come to class prepared every day. NO excuses!! (homework completed with work shown, calculator and pencil)
- Each student will be expected to keep a notebook for class. There is no right or wrong way to keep your notebook but it is important that you keep your notebook organized and orderly. Organization is crucial to your success, so find a method that works for you and stick with all year!
- Each student will be expected to complete daily homework and have it ready to be checked at the beginning of class the following day.
- Each student is expected to be respectful to their classmates, teacher, themselves, and their school each and every day.
HOMEWORK: It is expected that you complete your homework each night. Homework is a vital part to your success in this course. Each homework assignment will be worth 4 points and will be checked for completeness. It is required that you show all work on your homework. Homework is graded as follows – all problems are attempted and work is shown for 4pts, more than half of the problems are attempted with work for 2pts and anything other than that is 0 points (including if all problems have an answer written but no work is shown).
TESTS AND QUIZZES: Tests and Quizzes will always be posted on the homework calendar in advance (unless inclement weather or unforeseen schedule changes require adjustments). Students will always be reminded of upcoming assessments and notified of any changes prior to the assessment date. All tests and quizzes must be completed in pencil with all work shown for credit.
Make-up Policy: Any student who misses a test or a quiz will be required to make it up according to the Central Dauphin School District Make up policy found in the student code of conduct.
- Be Respectful to yourself, your classmates, your teacher, and your school each and every day.
- Be Prepared with a pencil, paper, notebook, and calculator every day.
- Be Responsible for your learning by asking questions when you do not understand, completing your homework, and making up missed work.
- Food and Drink are NOT allowed during class.
- Electronic devices are NOT allowed during class time without the teacher’s permission and should be silenced.
- Charging of cell phones will NOT be permitted.
- Listening to headphones during class will NOT be permitted. Headphones must be out of BOTH of your ears.
CLASS CALENDARS: A class calendar will be distributed at the beginning of each month with a list of assignments as well as tests and quizzes. The calendar can be utilized during an absence to find out what lessons were covered as well as what assignments were given. Should you happen to ‘misplace’ your calendar there will be one posted in the classroom as well as on google classroom.