12th Grade College Prep English
General Course Resources
- Canvas: This is where you will be able to find all assignment information and due dates. Students will be able to submit many assignments online. Parents may create Canvas accounts! Follow the instructions below to create your parent/observer account. Please note that your student will have to generate a pairing code for you.
- Canvas Apps:
- Google Drive: Students should use Google Drive (Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.) for all assignments completed for my class.
- Turnitin.com: Turnitin is now linked to Canvas, so all assignments will automatically be run through Turnitin's plagiarism checker. Students will not need to create individual Turnitin accounts until we begin working on the research paper. Click here for instructions on how to create a NEW account. Click here for instructions on how to add new classes to your existing account.
- MLA Style Center: The free companion to the 8th edition of the MLA Handbook
- APA Style
- Purdue Online Writing Center (OWL)
- PaperRater: This is a free grammar, spelling, and plagiarism checker. It's not perfect, but it's a good tool to use when revising and editing your essays.
- Grammarly: Free Online Grammar Checker
Literature Resources SAT Resources
- The Official SAT Study Guide from the College Board: You can buy this for a reduced price on Amazon.com or check it out from the East Shore Area Library (call #378.1662 OFF).
- SAT Practice from the College Board: (Free and $$) This is the official SAT prep site.
- SAT Prep from majortests.com: (Free) This site has practice questions and advice on how to formulate essay responses.
- Number2.com: (Free) This site provides test questions and flash cards. It requires a sign up, but it also allows you to link to my account as your coach. If you are interested in this, let me know! I've never used this, but it looks like it could be a good resource based on the reviews.
Last modified on 11 September 2019
Send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified on September 11, 2019