Mr. Carley’s Class Rules
I look forward to a fantastic year and want to make sure every student has the opportunity to learn and achieve in my class. The following are some basic rule in my classroom. If you want to discuss any of these with me, please call or e-mail me. I look forward to speaking with or meeting all of my parents!!
1. If you are having a bad day, please don’t take it out on Mr. Carley. Let him know before class begins and he will try to help you out by understanding the situation. If you have any problems with working in groups (with certain people) let me know. I will try to accommodate if possible. Lastly, I am willing to talk to you after class like an adult, about any problem, so we can clear it up and get back to learning.
2. Class disruptions will get any student written up. If you get thrown out of class you will earn a zero for that day. Again, refer to rule 1, last year I had problems with 2 out of 125 students. Acting like an adult is necessary in my class. I will treat you the way you treat me. I want 125 adults each year!
--- A class disruption is ANYTHING that annoys the teacher and interrupts his attempt to teach. These include --- basic talking, wearing a coat in class, not following other class rules, etc…
3. No cell phones, Food, Water, IPODS, or other Electronic Devices. Get caught, and the following will occur:
--- Cell Phone/Electronics --- You will lose 5 points from “Class Participation Grade” for each daily offense. If you need to use your cell phone or electronic device (like maybe just turning it off in the beginning of class) --- ask me, I will say yes. Texting during class is the new, major problem.
--- Food/Candy/Water --- I can handle candy wrappers and will ask students to throw away their trash, but food like chips, any meals or food from the cafeteria is not permitted. Please eat it before entering the room. You will lose 5 points from “Class Participation Grade” for each daily offense.
If you have an IEP or a note from a doctor, that you need any food or water in class, obviously that will be accepted.
4. If you forget homework YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO GO TO YOUR LOCKER. This is a directive from our administration.
5. I will not provide pencils or pens. That is your responsibility. Make sure you have one each class period.