Speech Language Support Services2019-2020Mrs. Alexcia WheelerSpeech Language PathologistMA. CCC-SLPawheeler@cdschools.org
Speech/Language Therapy in the school focuses on:
- Increasing expressive and receptive language skills
- Increasing vocabulary skills
- Improving articulation skills
- Improving fluency/stuttering
- Improving and increasing pragmatic (social) language skills
- Improving grammar and syntax
If you have questions regarding your child's speech and language development:
- Please contact me or your child's classroom teacher
- A referral form will be completed followed by a speech/language screening
- Parents will be contacted to discuss the results
If your child currently receives Speech/Language Support:
- Your child will bring home a homework folder with a welcome letter and cycle day and time of therapy.
- Homework: Continued practice of speech/language skills is extremely important for your child's progress in his/her speech/language program.
- Homework packets and suggested activities will be provided.
- Please be sure to sign the monthly calendar each day your child practices his/her speech skills!
- Parent involvement is welcomed and a valuable part of your child's progress!
- We are a team, working together to improve your child's speech/language skills.
- Please contact me via email or phone with any questions, comments, or concerns
- Meetings to update/review your child's IEP are held annually
- You will be contacted during the school year to set up a meeting
For more information, click on the links below. The links will take you to a Word document.