Each Elementary School in the CDSD will implement the following Bullying Prevention Strategies:
Definition of Bullying...Purposeful, hurtful behavior that occurs repeatedly and to a person who has difficulty defending themselves in an effort to gain power over that person.
- Clearly define, teach and reinforce expected school behavior.
- Post expectations and school rules throughout buildings and classrooms.
- Have a Bullying Behavior Level Chart available for staff and students to use as a reference.
- Inform students of the process and procedures for reporting a bullying situation.
- Teach students through morning meetings, assemblies, guidance lessons, etc., appropriate response strategies to use in bullying situations.
- Hang posters throughout the school building that define bullying, provide prevention strategies and suggest positive reaction strategies.
Procedures for Reporting:
- A bullying situation is reported by student, staff, parent, etc.
- Principal or counselor will document the reported situation.
- Follow up will occur based on the situation and severity of report. District Discipline Policy will be followed if needed.
Central Dauphin's Policy on Bullying - https://www.boarddocs.com/pa/cdsd/Board.nsf/Public?open&id=policies# - Under Pupils, 249 Bullying/Cyberbullying.
Highmark Healthy High 5 -
Stop Bullying Now - http://stopbullyingnow.hrsa.gov/index.asp
Last Modified on August 25, 2022