CD High School - Family and Consumer Sciences
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Education as defined by the National Association of State Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences (NASAFACS), is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in Family and Consumer Sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and careers development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.
The Family and Consumer Sciences courses offered at CD High will promote personal growth and leadership skills through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge and career preparation.
Students enrolled in Mrs. Roble's FCS courses are encouraged to utilize this website as a resource. The tabs and links of this page will provide details in regards to current units of study, assignments, useful websites/applications, etc.
Students are encouraged to stay up to date with course happenings by logging into Google Classroom using their district credentials: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents may request the Google Classroom Code by emailing Mrs. Roble.
Feel free to contact Mrs. Roble via email or phone if you ever have questions, concerns or ideas related to FCS coursework!
Follow @CDRamsFCS on...