WELCOME TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT (ELD) PAGE AT CENTRAL DAUPHIN SCHOOL DISTRICT!
The links on this page will be helpful in determining ways to help English Learners (ELs) in the classroom or at home. They offer an abundance of information, strategies, and helpful tips in helping ELs succeed. If you have more questions or concerns about any of these pages, please be sure to contact the English Language Development (ELD) teacher in your building. You can find your child's school and ELD teachers' websites within the links on the District home page.
HEADLINES AND IMPORTANT EVENTS
WIDA ACCESS 2.0 ASSESSMENT
- The testing window for this assessment is from January 6 until February 21.
- Please make sure your child is getting enough rest and eating a healthy breakfast.
- For more information on this assessment, please click HERE
- You can also click the links to the right for more information.
CENSUS INFORMATION!!! You can find information about the CENSUS in multiple languages by clicking HERE
You can also find out more by clicking HERE
- We have added more translated documents to the Resources for Parents page on the right. Please be sure to check them out!
- The English Language Development (ELD) Department, in conjunction with the Office of Curriculum and Instruction at Central Dauphin, have created a suggested list for summer reading (2019). To access this list, please click HERE.
The Central Dauphin School District provides services to identified non-English dominant pupils. Supplementary English instruction is provided to the students in need of assistance. This program is administered by the director of federal programs.