Mrs. Zilbering's Math Class
Welcome to my class! This is my 18th year teaching math and my 3rd year at East High. I am so happy to be a PANTHER!
Contact me: Email is best - email@example.com
2021 - 2022 Schedule - All classes in Room 228
Period 2 - Algebra 1
Period 32 - Algebra 1
Period 43 - Pre-Algebra
Period 54 - Algebra 1
Period 7 - Pre-Algebra
ALL CLASS INFORMATION IS ON THE CANVAS APPLICATION. ALL STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE ACCESS. IF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP AS AN OBSERVER, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
Five Tips for Success:
- Ask questions in class or come in for extra help. It seems obvious if you don’t know how to do something that you should ask a question. Most likely by asking a question in class you are asking a question other people also have. Too scared or embarrassed to ask? Ask me before or after class!
- Do your homework. How often have you heard this one? The thing is, by doing your homework; you are practicing for the quizzes and tests. You wouldn’t be allowed to start in the basketball game if you hadn’t gone to practice as well as learned all the plays. Do the homework so you’re ready for the quizzes and tests!
- Show your work…. and then check it!!! When you show your work, you are proving that you know how you got your answer! Without the work, it looks like you just guessed at the answer. You will receive partial credit for parts that are correct! If you studied and you know how to do the work, don’t you want to show it off?
- Use your resources! The school provides plenty of resources for you to use: The Homework hotline, my website, and math help are all readily available for you to use—so use them! I may also be available by appointment – talk to me!
- Don’t give up! Even if you hate math or you don’t think you can’t…you can get. I can help you if you help yourself there is plenty that we can do if you ask and show initiative, but do not wait until it is too late!!