“Doing what is best for Kids!”
CDSD Mission Statement
- Central Dauphin, a uniquely diverse school district, ensures all students a challenging and dynamic curriculum that prepares them to succeed in a changing, global society by inspiring lifelong learning in a caring, collaborative community.
Vision and Mission
- Invest in your Future: Provide all students with challenging learning experiences in a safe and welcoming environment, which will help students achieve their full academic and social potential and prepare them for success in high school.
- Teachers and staff will provide relevant, engaging, instruction, which incorporates problem solving and solution creating opportunities for students with real world application within the framework of the curriculum.
Safe & Welcoming Environment
- Clear guidelines and expectations for student and staff conduct and behavior in the classrooms and building.
- Provide a safe, secure and clean physical facility.
- Laying out clear expectations for student success in class for assignments, exams and grades.
- Challenging students to give their best efforts in class every day.
- Identifying at risk students in classes and providing extra supports, which includes students with classifications and those without.
- Using Data to determine student weaknesses in Math & Language Arts.
- Ensuring students are fulfilling benchmark, diagnostic and state testing mandates with fidelity.
- Building student character and accountability.
- Providing students with resources and opportunities to learn and practice good health and wellness.
- Developing personal connections with students and checking on their well-being
- Creating fun and engaging activities for students to increase student morale and school climate.