Central Dauphin East High School
School Counseling Office
**Please scroll down for up-to-date information from the Counseling Office during the COVID-19 mandated closure.**
Meet the Counselors: (Left to Right) Mr. Bubnis, Mrs. Gardiner, Ms. James, Mrs. Schorn, and Mrs. Di Santo
2020 - 2021 Student Assignments
CounselorStudent assignments by last name
Mrs. Sarah Di Santo
A - C
Mrs. Michele Gardiner
D - G
Mr. Steve Bubnis
H - Ma
Mrs. Meggan Schorn
Mb - R
Ms. Sarah James
S - Z
376Secretaries:Mrs. Lakiesha Durden firstname.lastname@example.org ext. 370Mrs. Katie Glassford email@example.com ext. 371
CEEB School Code: 391646
March 27, 2020- A Message from the EHS Counselors:
Dear Central Dauphin East High School Students and Families,
The CDEHS school counselors hope you and your family are doing well during these uncertain times. We have been thinking of you and hope that you and your family are staying healthy, positive and keeping busy!
We would love to hear from you - how are you spending your extra time? Are you reading any books? Playing your instrument or putting your creative art skills to work? Maybe you are trying a special recipe or putting puzzles together. Feel free to email us and share how you are spending your time. We’d love to stay connected with you.
During these uncertain times, it’s important to practice mindfulness to take care of yourself. Be sure to continue to get lots of sleep, go outside to get fresh air, and continue to eat healthy. Create a ‘to do’ list for each day and follow a daily routine. Get up, get dressed and get going!
Please check out the links we’ve provided on the right side of our webpage. Lastly, if there is anything you need, please reach out. We will respond as quickly as we can.
Your CDEHS School Counselors,
Mrs. Sarah Di Santo (A-C), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Michele Gardiner (D-G), email@example.com
Mr. Steve Bubnis (H-Ma), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Meggan Schorn (Mb-R), email@example.com
Ms. Sarah James (S-Z), firstname.lastname@example.org
THINGS TO DO
- Play a game with your family like Trivia or Scrabble
- Go for a 30 minute walk by yourself or with your dog
- Spend an hour reading a favorite book
- Find a family favorite recipe to make (ask permission first or help cooking)
- Practice drawing, coloring or painting
- Learn about yoga and practice a few new techniques
- Write a letter to a family member who lives in another town or state
March 25, 2020- Dauphin County Resources Available During COVID-19 Closure:
Anyone in need of assistance and unsure where to turn for help can call Dauphin County’s main number at 717-780-6300.
- Dauphin County Crisis Intervention, providing 24-hour emergency mental health services referrals during emotional crisis: 717-232-7511
- Dauphin County Area Agency on Aging, services for those age 60 and up: 717-780-6130
- Dauphin County Drug and Alcohol Services, which provides treatment, prevention and intervention services: 717-635-2254
- Dauphin County Children and Youth Services, for child safety, permanency and well-being: 717-780-7200
- Dauphin County Veterans Affairs: 717-780-6357
- Case Management Unit, for mental health, intellectual disabilities and early intervention: 717-232-8761
- Contact HELPLINE, a 24-hour confidential listening and referral service: 211
- Northern Dauphin Human Services’ main number is 717-905-2700. Non-county agencies in located in the center:
- Northern Dauphin Food Pantry, coordinated by the Central PA Food Bank: 717-905-2512
- Naaman Center, providing drug and alcohol services: 717-905-2516
- Case Management Unit: 717-362-1212
- Merakey Behavioral Health Services: 717-905-2600
- Dauphin County parks, including Fort Hunter and Wildwood, will remain open to the public although programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department are canceled until further notice. Restrooms and buildings are also closed to the public.
- The Recycling Department will continue to pick up recyclables from the county’s drop-off locations. However, the Steelton-based Dauphin County Recycling Center is currently closed to the public.
- For voting information, residents should visit www.DauphinCounty.org/vote to download a mail-in ballot application or go to www.VotesPA.com/ApplyMailBallot to apply online. If you need assistance, call 717-780-6360.
- Residents who drop off a voter registration form, absentee/mail-in ballot or tax bill can deposit items in a locked box near the entrance of the Dauphin County Administration Building on Second Street in Harrisburg. The Dauphin County Courthouse will also have a secure box near the entrance on Market Street where documents can be dropped off.
- For a complete list of county government offices and their contact numbers and online forms, go to DauphinCounty.org and click on “County Government Directory”.
March 25, 2020- Helpful Websites from the Highmark Caring Place:
The Highmark Caring Place is thinking of our East High community during this National Emergency. Below are some resources they wanted to share that may be helpful to your family or others in need during this difficult time:
- Responding to Change and Loss: National Alliance for Grieving Children- https://indd.adobe.com/view/924b5436-fca0-4a15-901a-9233134766e4
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association-https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4885.pdf
- Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe (The emotional impact of Social Distancing and how to cope): American Psychological Association- https://www.apa.org/practice/programs/dmhi/research-information/social-distancing
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource: National Association of School Psychologists-https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource?fbclid=IwAR1GQl4pxVlvpupqRNEYaZOc0kZXSBRM05kDAB5c4hoUcZWfPcbCthTE3Kw
- Creative Activities to Do With Kids At Home: Art With Heart- https://mailchi.mp/artwithheart.org/creative-activities-to-do-with-kids-at-home?fbclid=IwAR2sjjq-zGVGGhdB0zeZHBvefzDkF730pqMJOi8Nys5oJvNxbE_SZUXvUAk