Visitor Management & Clearance Information
VISITOR MANAGEMENT AND BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
Central Dauphin School District uses two processes for identifying visitors to the schools. Volunteer Badges are used for visitors who are routinely in the schools. Temporary Visitor Badges are for occasional/one-time visitors. Please see instructions for both processes below.
- Volunteer Badges are necessary for the following reasons:
- Chaperoning Field Trips
- School Dances
- Athletic Activities
- Summer Sports Camps
- Unpaid Coaching
- School Play or Music Related Activities
- Band Volunteers
- Class Volunteer/Instructional Aid (does not include class parties)
- Routine Interaction with Students
- Class Parties
TEMPORARY VISITOR BADGE
Temporary Visitor Badges are necessary for the following reasons:
- School Conferences (if held during school hours)
- Career Days
If you are entering the school during regular school hours for one of the Temporary Visitor Badge reasons, you will need to produce your drivers license to be processed through the School Gate Guardian system. Once cleared, you will be given a Temporary Visitor badge. This badge is valid for one visit. Please wear the sticker in a visible location.
Act 34 – PA Criminal History Record Check – Free (Click here for example of results)
Submit the request online at the PA State Police PATCH website at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp. The results should be printed and presented to the school district for review prior to employment. The report presented for review shall be no more than 1 year old.
Act 151 – PA Child Abuse History Clearance - Free (Click here for example of results)
Submit the request online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis. The original report must be presented to the school district for review prior to employment. The report presented for review shall be no more than 1 year old.
Act 114 – FBI Criminal History Report - Fee charged
Clearance only needed if not a PA resident for the past 10 years
Information and registration are available at https://uenroll.identogo.com/. When prompted for a service code enter information below and complete all the information.
Service Code: You must call 1-877-371-5422 or email RA-PWCPSLQUESTIONS@pa.gov to obtain this code.
Applicant Type: DHS VOLUNTEER LINK
Description: An individual applying for or holding an unpaid position as a volunteer with a child-care service, a school or a program, activity or service, as a person responsible for the child's welfare or having direct volunteer contact with children.
Department: Department of Human Services
You will then be given a number to take with you to your local Identigo center. An FBI clearance used for employment can also be used as a FBI volunteer clearance.
Once clearances have been obtained, call 717-545-4703 extension 3 or email email@example.com and leave your name and contact number. Someone will return the call to arrange an appointment for the original documents to be reviewed by the Central Dauphin School District Police (CDSDP). Instructions will be provided on how to obtain a Central Dauphin School District provided Volunteer Badge. The volunteer will keep the original documents.Volunteer Information
- Volunteer Badging Procedure Letter from Safety and Security Director
- Volunteer Badging Procedure Presentation
- Disclosure Statement Application
- Governor Wolf Announces Fee Waivers for Volunteers Seeking Background Checks
- Grandparent Volunteers: If you are a grandparent volunteer (who is not the legal guardian) please use the attached form in addition to your clearances. It must be signed by both parents/guardians granting permission for you to access the schools as a volunteer. Please bring the form and clearances with you to your appointment to get a volunteer badge.