E-Cigarettes & Vapes Important Information
Attention Parents/Guardians of the Central Dauphin School District: Important Information Regarding E-Cigarettes & Vapes
Over the past several months, the Central Dauphin School District (CDSD) and local and state law enforcement agencies have seen a rise in the use of e-cigarettes and vapes amongst our students. The issue of e-cigarettes and vapes is not just a school problem, but a community problem as well. The CDSD Police Department is working with our local law enforcement to educate our staff and students on this issue. Because e-cigarettes and vapes are sold on the Internet, in some local stores, and can be acquired illegally by students, the District is providing you with information regarding e-cigarettes and vapes so that you may address this issue with your children. Staff and students (age appropriate) will be educated on the dangers of using these products. Please be aware that any student found to be in possession of e-cigarettes or vaping products will be in violation of the district’s Student Code of Conduct and face possible suspension and/or expulsion from school.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SUSPECT MY CHILD IS USING? You may contact your family doctor, local police, school guidance counselor, Dauphin County Drug and Alcohol Services (717-635-2254).
- Juuling, Dripping, Dabbing and More: What School Professionals Need to Know About Vaping, Fall 2020
- Know the Risks - A Youth Guide to E-Cigarettes
- Vaping and E-Cigarettes Slide Show - Google Slides
- Talk with Your Teen About E-cigarettes: A Tip Sheet for Parents
- Vaping - Why Is Nicotine Unsafe for Kids, Teens, and Young Adults?
- What parents need to know about Vaping and JUULing – from Penn State University
- Vaping information – Pa Department of Drug and Alcohol
- Facts for parents about e-cigarettes & vaping – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Talk with your teen about e-cigarettes: A tip sheet for parents – US Surgeon General
- Vaping & E-Cigarettes
- Wellness Newsletter