CDSD Cyber Academy Attendance Page
CDSD Cyber Academy families will be required to report any daily student absences (illness) by sending an emailed or scanned excuse to firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent/guardian handwritten signature must be submitted along with the absence excuse. This must be submitted within three days upon return from being sick. If an excuse is not submitted upon return to school, such absence will be classified as illegal until an excuse is forthcoming.. A doctor’s certificate is required for absence due to illness, for three (3) or more consecutive days and may be requested or for a shorter period if requested by the school. Parents are urged to secure a doctor’s excuse for any absence if such a visit has been made. If you have any additional questions regarding your child’s specific situation and what is required please contact our office.
- Educational Trip Forms are available via our district website & must be submitted prior to the trip occurring.
- The CDSD Cyber Academy adheres to the Central Dauphin School district board approved attendance policies. Please refer to our Attendance Board policy for additional details
No internet access, power outage or school-issued computer technical issues:
- Students who are absent due to the school-issued computer technical issues must contact Technical support and notify the Cyber Academy Attendance office with the Technical Support Ticket number as the reason for the absence.
- CDSD Technical support can be reached by phone at (717)346-9452
- To submit a help ticket please visit: https://cdschools.sysaidit.com/servicePortal/
- Students are encouraged to establish an alternative plan for events that affect access to technology.
- For issues related to access to power or the internet, it is recommended that students go to the local library or any other public locations with internet access.
- If a student does not have access to a backup plan, they must notify the Cyber Academy Attendance Office of the reason for the absence with a handwritten signature & notify their teacher.
Blended Students' Attendance:
- All CDSD Cyber Academy Blended students are required to:
- Log on each school day and complete work
- Log into all scheduled live lessons and have their cameras on (unless given permission from a school administrator).
- Notify our office immediately when it is not possible to log in due to technical difficulties by calling (717)545-4703 ext. 90309.
- Return telephone calls and/or respond to emails from school staff regarding attendance and participation.
- Daily attendance for students in Kindergarten-8th grade will be taken by their grade level teacher each day by joining morning meeting. If your teacher is absent for the day, you must complete the assignments that are provided by your teacher.
- Daily attendance for students in 9-11th grade will have their attendance record by submitting their attendance through a link located in their homeroom teacher's Canvas page by 9:10am each day or they will be recorded as absent.
Asynchronous Students' Attendance:
- All CDSD Cyber Academy Asynchronous students are required to:
- Complete Edmentum coursework each week
- Notify our office immediately when it is not possible to log in due to technical difficulties by calling (717)545-4703 ext. 70309.
- Return telephone calls and/or respond to emails from school staff regarding attendance and participation
- Collaborate with your CDSD teacher who is your mentor.
- Weekly attendance will be recorded based on successful Edmentum coursework completion
- If a student does no coursework for an entire CDSD Calendar week, and has not submitted an excused absence, they will receive unexcused absences for the entirety of the CDSD Calendar school week
- If a student submits only a minimal amount of work that does not reflect a CDSD Calendar weeks worth of course work in Edmentum, they will also receive unexcused absences that are aligned to the individual students weekly course load
- Students must complete a CDSD Calendar weeks amount of Edmentum coursework each week
- Failure to complete any Edmentum coursework, will result in unexcused absences
- To be considered 100% present for a school week, CDSD Cyber Academy Asynchronous students must complete and submit a CDSD Calendar weeks worth of Edmentum coursework