NEWS & EVENTS
NATIONAL SCHOOL SOCIAL WORK WEEK - MARCH 7 - 13, 2021
On January 22nd, 2021, Governor Wolf signed a proclamation of Home and School Visitor/School Social Worker Week for March 8-12th, 2021. School Social Workers and Home and School Visitors play a vital role in helping students be successful in school academically, emotionally and socially. School Social Workers and Home and School Visitors provide direct and indirect services to students, families and school personnel. The U.S. Government estimates there are 40,000 school social workers in elementary and secondary schools. On behalf of the Board of Directors, Administration, Staff, Students and the Community, we would like to extend a big, “THANK YOU,” for all that you do on behalf of the CDSD!
ATTENTION PARENTS & GUARDIANS OF MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
As we approach the end of the 9-week Marking Period on March 25, 2021, students can opt into in-person learning or CORE (full-time remote learning). If you wish to change your current status, please contact your student’s principal directly by March 19, 2021.
MARCH 8, 2021 IN PERSON SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
The School Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 8, 2021 will be held in-person in the East High School auditorium, beginning at 7:00 p.m. We will follow the Governor’s directives on occupancy limits, social distancing guidelines, and wearing masks. Residents wishing to address the Board may contact the Board Secretary, by phone 717-545-4703 or e-mail Kfisher@cdschools.org, up to 4:00 p.m. on the day of the public meeting or sign the Request To Speak form up to 6:55 p.m., located on the sign-in table outside the meeting room.
MARCH ELEMENTARY/MS CONFERENCES & INSERVICE DAY
Wednesday, March 10, 2021, Kindergarten Conferences - No School for Kindergarten
Thursday, March 11, 2021, Elementary & Middle School Conferences - No School Elementary & MS, HS in Session
Friday, March 12, 2021, Teacher Inservice Day - No School for Students
TAC & HAC
Teacher Access Center (TAC) and Home Access Center (HAC) will be unavailable on Monday, March 8th at Midnight until Tuesday, March 9th at 7:00 AM for scheduled maintenance.
WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH IS MARCH 1-31, 2021
The CDSD celebrates and recognizes Women’s History Month from March 1-31, 2021. This year’s theme is “Valiant Women of the Vote: Refusing to be Silenced.” The United Nations first recognized International Women's Day, on March 8, 1975. As leaders, pioneers, homemakers, trailblazers, etc., women were and are essential in the founding of our nation and the path towards the future.
Here are Ways to Celebrate Women's History Month
- Familiarize yourself with current women's issues.
- Read and share works by women authors.
- Donate to charities that center on women's causes.
- Attend virtual events celebrating women.
- Watch TV shows and films produced and directed by women.
- Watch documentaries that explore women's issues.
- Create your own ways to recognize and celebrate achievements by women.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM THE CDSD – FEBRUARY 15, 2021 - REVISED MARCH 2, 2021
IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION
- Activities Calendar/Handbook, Dress Code, Weapons Brochure
- Blackboard Parent Link - Sign up for important information
- Bring Your Own Device/Safe Connect Information
- Bullying/Cyberbullying Policy 249
- Calendar-1 page
- Clothing Bank
- Forms (Including Media Release)
- Free & Reduced Price Meal Application/Internet Essentials Program
- How to access the schools from the website
- Immunization Requirements
- School Board Meetings
- Student Code of Conduct
- Translate the Website
- Transportation Quick Facts