NEWS & EVENTS
ATTENTION CDSD PARENTS & GUARDIANS - UPDATED MARCH 31, 2020
The CDSD Grab & Go Meal Distribution Program will continue during the Governor's Mandated Closure of Schools. Meal distribution is at Central Dauphin East High School and Swatara Middle School, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Friday’s meal service will include food through the weekend (3 breakfasts and 3 lunches).
This is permissible under the following provisions of Governor Wolf’s Directive:
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
- Access to life-sustaining services for low-income residents, including food banks.
NOTE: There will be no Grab & Go Meal Service on Friday, April 10, 2020. Meal allotments for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be distributed on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
MARCH 30, 2020 PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOLS CLOSED INDEFINITELY
On March 30, 2020, Governor Tom Wolf Announced that Pennsylvania Schools will remain closed indefinitely. All buildings within the CDSD are closed. No access is available.
- Important Information & Updates Regarding COVID-19
- Comcast Free Hotspot Access
- Comcast Internet Essentials Speed Increase/60 Days Free For New Customers
The importance of internet access is especially apparent during this difficult time when schools and workplaces are closed due to the Coronavirus. Comcast announced that they will increase the speeds of their Internet Essentials service (from 15/2 MB to 25/3 MB) and offer the service free of charge for 60 days for new Internet Essentials customers. Select the title link for more information, go to www.internetessentials.com, call 1-855-846-8376 or click HERE. New customers will get a free and easy to use self-install kit by mail. Current customers don't need to do anything to get the speed increases.
- PA Department of Education Cancels Statewide Assessments - Due to COVID-19
- Talking To Your Children About COVID-19, A Parent Resource
MEAL/NUTRIPACKS INFORMATION & RESOURCES
NOTE: Friday's Grab & Go will include enough food for the weekend -
3 Breakfasts and 3 Lunches. There will be no Grab & Go Meal Service on Friday, April 10, 2020. Meal allotments for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be distributed on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
- CDSD Free Grab & Go Breakfast & Lunch Availability During District Wide Closure Due to COVID-19 Closure Starting March 17
- Nutripacks Website - We will be temporarily suspending our distribution until further notice. Click HERE for for further information. Thank you.
- Food Bank Locator
- Sheetz - Launches Free Meal Program for Children in Need - Sheetz is proud to announce a new Kidz Meal Bagz program providing free food to help children and families in need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meal Bagz will be available all day starting Thursday, April 2 and will include a turkey sandwich, chips and a drink. Families interested in taking advantage of the free Kidz Meal Bagz program should go to participating Sheetz locations and ask an employee at the register for a meal. Families will be offered one bag per child and meals will be available daily while supplies last. For more information visit https://www.sheetz.com/news/kidzmeals
Important Change in State Law to Vaping and E-Cigarettes
A recent change in state law regarding vaping and the usage of e-cigarettes allows law enforcement to issue a citation under Title 18, Section 6306.1 (a), Use of Tobacco in Schools Prohibited, to anyone with these items on school property. Please be aware that any student found in possession of vaping or e-cigarettes will be reported to law enforcement, effective immediately. Please continue to discuss with your child regarding the harmful effects of using these products and the possible disciplinary consequences.
- Activities Calendar/Handbook, Dress Code, Weapons Brochure
- Blackboard Parent Link - Sign up for important information
- Bring Your Own Device/Safe Connect Information
- Bullying/Cyberbullying Policy 249
- Calendar-1 page
- Clothing Bank
- Cycle Day Calendar
- Forms (Including Media Release)
- Free & Reduced Price Meal Application/Internet Essentials Program
- How to access the schools from the website
- Immunization Requirements
- School Board Meetings
- Student Code of Conduct
- Transportation Quick Facts
ATTENTION: OVERSIZED BAGS NOT PERMITTED AT SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS
Individuals will not be permitted to bring oversized bags to school board meetings. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.